Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Big Burning Question .....

Ok so we have been working with CARD Center for autism related disoreder for 5 months now and it has been amazing alhumdullilah ! Hasan has had 23 hours of aba per week and now the 11 extra for 2 months ..still not the 40 hours of aba I wanted ...but nonetheless, took an arm and a leg to get that therapy going. We have thought him how to sit ,to stand, to walk, to talk, to tell us when he gets hurt ( knowing he is non responsive to pain) which really scares me :( and a bunch of other things.After all that hard work... plus school and speech therapy our day is no where close to normal , we have an awesome home team for Hasan.....But we are really struggling with the school we always have actually....The new School district has put Hasan in a placement none of the team members are happy with they put him in a severe class room ! I know he gets more attention but at the same time there will be more behaviors to copy ..BAD behaviors..So the question is how to approach it and change it....I know many of the parents struggle with the school's funding .I know Hasan needs a mainstream class...he can IMITATE he knows whats going on ...He needs to be challenged...will the school district approve our request? ..what approach should I take with them? ... we work so hard at home ..... following through with Hasan ...I don't want all of that to get reversed..I am clueless what to do and dreading it  ...He needs mainstreaming ...he needs a Shadow to keep him on task ...I will get it for him though,whatever it takes!!! ...because in my mind it is time to put on those COMBAT BOOTS !! Folks it is time to enter the battle field (armed of course), this really does mean war ya know :/

No comments:

Post a Comment