Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Methyl B 12 shot dosage adjustments.

This post has been long awaited , I have gotten so many questions form all of you guys about how to figure out the best dosage for our kiddos without negative side effects that are uncontrollable. I can advise one thing from what I know , this would just be my two cents and honest opinion but you go do the research and your thought might differ from mine. For Hasan it took me 3 years ...to figure out HIS best dosage for MB12 , and it definitely changed every few months as well. For him we started off with a pretty high dose which was wrong I think because the one thing with Any ala carte B vitamin is ,,giving high doses of just one B vitamin can cause a deficiency in the essential B's 100% of them time. So make sure you don't over do it. With that being said the rough part is most of our spectrum kids cannot tolerate B-vitamins at all, it make them super hyper they stop eating and some can also get allergic shinner under their eyes because of the phenol and salicylate content in the B's. Some B vitamins are also made from fungal sources which in some cases cause a sensitivities of their own. Make sure you know how the vitamin is extracted ant what the true source or extracted is. Please please use a trusted company to buy the vitamins you use for these kids it can be a night and day difference. Same for the MB12 shots, not all pharmacies known how to get the compounding of this vitamins correctly, if the Methyl cobalimin is has a pH level that is not correct you just threw your money and your child's road to more "speech and focus" down the drain. Ask around if anyone you live around has used shots from the compounding pharmacy you have used. For us we only use 2 pharmacies beside those two NONE have worked .....( around 6 others we have tried) we have seen major sometimes minute regressions from the quality of the shots as well.
The initial dosage we had were according to Doctor Neubrander's recommendations to our DAN! in his training  64.5 mcg/kg once every 3 days to the adipose tissue of the buttocks at an angle severe and horizontal enough to guarantee a “shallow” subcutaneous delivery. The only syringes allowed are Becton Dickson 3/10 cc insulin syringes with an 8 mm, 31-gauge needle, item #328438. *** Be sure to understand each part of the injection instructions and follow them exactly! ***
Tips from me go as shallow as you can or your kid will just pee it out and you will see no lasting results.
When we started, Hasan was 31 pounds 25 months old and we were at 0.1 ml with the above concentration. Result were good but the initial 6 weeks he was extremely emotional , hyperactivity and grunting were through he roof. But it was a negative positive ....he had started to use his words almost immediately and didn't tantrum as much in public. After the 6 weeks period was over we added DMG it did not work for us..His speech stopped almost immediately and he had NO words and had regressed back to square one ! Talk about heartache for us , after those horrible 6 initial weeks and then an addition of just one supplements threw him off several months !!!
We tweeked the dose again to dosing every other day which seems to help him make close vocal approximations , but NO true words. So we went to everyday high daily doses which seemed to do the tricvk but I had to make sure I get his other B vitamins in through diet which was ALOT of work !!! I had to pull out all my Nutrition education and then some to get this kid to have a balanced outcome from the shots. For me I believed in the methyl donors for Autism and since seeing the initial positive negatives with the shots , I had to find the correct dosage. Inside you just know as a mother if something will work or not ...its just a mommy instinct , you know you have one , I'm very persistent trust me .
I think you would be too if you had been told your child would never talk! I was not willing to give in. Anyways the high dose daily was getting to come to a plateau so I decided to stop the shots to take a break and dose with the other B's just so the body has time to balance itself out which seemed to be a good idea. We stopped shots for 6 weeks and then dosed with B-50 vitamins in that time period along with IV glutathione( this was one the best interventions for speech)  and folinic acid in 1600 mg Folapro to balance things out. After this break when we added back the MB12 shots we saw a HUGE jump in language and eye-contact Mashallah. Yes I do give him the shots myslef ! And NO I do not recommend oral B12 for ASD kids they cause alot of dysbiosis and will not work at all the way this will I have heard from every single MB12 recovery just sharing these key points !!!  Now we do every other day shots of a lower dose 0.05 ml .
May God help us keep moving forward with all your well wishes and prayers we pray to move forward giving thanks each day.
Three key points about the MB12 shots.
1.Keep refrigerated NOT frozen !
2.Keep away from sunlight or the potency will go down to zero this is why the vial is covered will foil.
3. Use the correct needles and learn how to give a subcutaneous injection ( 30 degreee angle) only in the BUMM !   NOT an Intramuscular !! :) Good luck !
For more information regarding MB12 I have posted a link to DR. Neubranders site, who is the master mind behind MB12 therapy for autism. www.drneubrander.com

4 comments:

  1. You are an angel to share your extensive knowledge with other parents! I agree that finding the right combination (B12/Folonic Acid/NAC) helped our child. If they have too much they will want to chew non food items (plastic or clothes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. I want to help as many children as I can until I can by educating the parents of what they can do for their children and giving them hope and encouragement. Please share my blog with friends that may need some motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    I have just started my son on methyl-b and Naltrexone Cream the first day on the shots were great with lots of eye contact and trying to speak more, even if it was repetitive. The second was not bad either. The second round of shots were not as successful and we only noticed a difference when we first gave it, so possibly we were not giving it correctly! The cream has kept him awake and his tummy has become so bloated from it, he has been really edgy with it even though I reduced the dose the following day it was the same reaction, on the third say I only gave him the smallest amount and while he slept it seemed to have really not done well with his tummy, has anyone experienced this with the cream? Also, can you recommend what you give in regards to vitamins?? Many thanks Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did shot 2 for my son and he got a small pink patch at the injection site on his butt. Did I do it too shallow?

    ReplyDelete